Sunday, August 28

Katrina

A few days ago, Katrina looked like a lamb that would drop a few inches of rain on both coast of Florida. Now it's a category 5 killer that's going to decimate part of the gulf coast -- most likely New Orleans, according to everything I've seen on the Weather Channel.

The entire experience makes me feel a little relieved (because the hurricane isn't coming near Tampa), guilty (because I know lots of people are going to be hurt by Katrina, and I'm not one of them), and futile (because it's just another reminder that Mother Nature is something humans can't control or predict).

The song "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season," by Jimmy Buffett, is stuck in my head.

The chorus:

And now I must confess, I could use some rest
I can't run at this pace very long
Yes it's quite insane, I think it hurts my brain
But it cleans me out and then I can go on

No comments: