Saturday, September 17

Caffeine Queen

You've heard of a tempest in a tea cup? Now we've got a controversy in a coffee cup, thanks to Starbucks.

It seems some people are upset that Starbucks would include a quote from a gay author in its series of "As I See It" coffee cups.

The quote in question: "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life's too damn short."

The author: Armistead Maupin, whose "Tales of the City" books capture the experience of living (and loving) in San Francisco in the 1970s and 1980s.

Of course, we here at the Daily Dave 2.0 (motto: "Self-Neutered For Our Protection") wouldn't dare offer any opinions of this issue. We are only bringing it to our readers' attention so that they may form their own opinions. After all, we wouldn't want our corporate masters to think we were capable of independent thought -- or, worse, that we might share those thoughts with anyone else! The horror, the horror!

1 comment:

Kevin Jackson said...

Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine drug and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine drug appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.