Friday, September 2

The Few, The Proud, The Insomniacs

What's that old Marines slogan -- they do more before 6 a.m. than most people do in an entire day? Well, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. this morning, couldn't fall back to sleep, and found myself being very productive. Perhaps insomnia is the path to success and riches.

The most amazing thing to happen to me before 6 a.m.? I encountered an endangered species: an actual music video on MTV. How astonishing! I thought that MTV did away with all the music to make room for shows like Pimp my Punk'd Cribs. The video I saw was for some Dave Matthews Band song. Julia Roberts, of all people, was in it. I watched the few few seconds of the next video, but changed the channel as soon as I realized it was a Mariah Carey song.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So about 2 this afternoon you'll be sleeping at your desk I suppose?

And wow, you saw a video on MTV that WASN'T rap? I didn't think that existed anymore. I think they should change the name of the network to CRTV, Crappy Reality TV.