Wednesday, October 12

More Recycled Content

Looking through the original Daily Dave, I found this amusing post from Sept. 14, 2003.

Britt and I had one final celebrity encounter before leaving Los Angeles: We ran into Hildi Santo-Tomas, the Idi Amin of interior design on "Trading Spaces," at the L.A. airport.

I told Hildi I was a big fan of the show, and Britt said he would like to work with her some day. (What he didn't say is that he wants to work with her because it would ensure that she wasn't redecorating a room in our home!)

Hildi seemed very pleasant, and thanked us for watching the show. She appeared to be in a hurry, so we didn't ask her for a photograph.

Now, as we're sitting on the airplane, Britt says he thinks Hildi should be called the Salvador Dalí of interior decorating. When I point out that Dalí was a talented artist while Hildi's job is mainly to wreck people's bedrooms and living rooms, Britt responds "Hildi is really good -- she's just really out there."

I think Britt would change his mind if Hildi came to our house, painted over his Bear Bryant portrait, and pasted hay on the walls.

No comments: