Saturday, September 1

Greetings From San Juan

Britt and I are unwinding after a long day of exploring Old San Juan. Tomorrow we're off to trek through the Yunque rainforest.

We're staying at the Caribe Hilton. When we got here, we learned that this is the hotel where the piña colada was invented some 54 years ago. So, of course, I had to taste a piña colada here after dinner. It was quite good although, I must admit, I'm hardly a connoisseur of such things.

On a peripherally related note, I am reminded of the Simpsons episode in which Homer is overly excited after receiving a book of relatively lame coupons. One of the coupons is for a free colonic, which, it becomes apparent, Homer believes is some kind of blended drink, akin to a smoothie. Eager to redeem his coupons, he races out of the house, singing "Do you like piña colonics / And gettin' caught in the rain?"

No comments: