Tuesday, September 11

9/11/2003

Everyone knows what happened six years ago today. I don't want to dwell on that, as I don't really know what to say.

Four years ago today, I got to experience a much happier September 11th. I was at my first NLGJA convention. It was in Hollywood, Calif., and Britt was there with me.

I posted several items that day to the original Daily Dave. Here's my favorite:

Thursday, September 11

OUR BRUSHES WITH GREATNESS: Britt and I just met Ted Allen, our favorite Fab Fiver from Queer Eye. Ted was very friendly, and he seemed genuinely thankful when Britt and I told him how much we enjoy his show. He even posed for a photo with us.

Britt and I also met former E! host Steve Kmetko. We got a photo with him too. As we were posing for the picture, Steve said that when he was dating Greg Louganis, strangers would often approach them in public, force a camera into Steve's hands, and ask him to take a photo of them with Greg. Steve, in turn, always made sure to crop everyone's heads out of the picture.

Moral of the story: Don't brush Steve Kmetko aside when you want a photo of Greg Louganis.

Here are the photos:


No comments: