Sunday, September 2

The New And Improved Piña Colada Song

Hello again from Puerto Rico, where, being the super genius that I am, I visited a rainforest this morning without taking into account the possibility that it might actually rain while I was there.

It wasn't that bad. The rain lasted about five minutes. I still felt quite stupid for not bringing an umbrella or hideous plastic poncho.

In unrelated news, I have been serenading Britt all day with Homer Simpson's piña colonic song (see yesterday's post for an explanation).

So far, Britt has not told me to knock it off.

I am considering two possible explanations: first, Britt loves me so much that he's willing to put up with the nonsense that comes out of my mouth; and, second, that Britt has gone totally deaf.

Considering my propensity for saying and doing incredibly stupid things (cf. earlier comment about visiting the rainforest without rain gear), Britt probably lost his hearing years ago. I will test my hypothesis soon. I'm already devising a sophisticated plan that involves an air horn, two giant pandas, a box of ball bearings, and the entire cast of Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil.

No comments: