Thursday, October 11

Time To Revise Your Promos, Guys

One of the local TV stations changed their pre-primetime lineup of syndicated sitcoms a few weeks ago, and also introduced a handful of new promos to inform viewers what times these shows are on.

Pity that these promos, which run several times a day, aren't correct. They say that "The Simpsons" airs at 6:30 p.m., followed by "King of Queens." Here's a picture I took with my cellphone:

No, "The Simpsons" is on at 7 p.m.

In fact, "The Simpsons" airs at 7 p.m. I, of course, know this because I'm a diehard "Simpsons" fan and will eagerly park my butt in front of the TV to watch a syndicated episode, even if I've already seen it a dozen times.

"The Simpsons" is preceded, not followed, by "King of Queens."

As I have already mentioned, these promos have been running for several weeks. I'm amazed that no one at the station in question hasn't noticed the mistake yet and corrected the error.

(To answer the obvious question: No, it's not the TV station I appear on. I don't believe this TV station has its own local news broadcast. I assume that's why it broadcasts all these syndicated sitcoms.)

I know this isn't an egregious mistake. I know it's not the sort of thing that leads to a libel suit. Still, every time I see this promo flash on my screen, I think it's embarrassing and sloppy for the station.

Why not just hand out business cards with typos on them?

No comments: