Tuesday, December 11

Digital Hanukkah

In case you haven't figured it out from the previous few posts, Complementary Spouse Britt Shirley and I visited my mom this weekend in Huntsville.

It was a last-minute trip. My mom was originally supposed to fly to London Friday to visit my father, but had to postpone that trip. Britt and I flew into Birmingham Friday night, rented a car, and got to Huntsville shortly before midnight.

We left Huntsville Sunday afternoon and were home in Tampa before 9 p.m.

The best part of the trip is that, for the first time in ages, most of my family was able to light the Hanukkah candles together. My dad was still in London and unable to participate because of the time difference, but Lee, Michon and Ryland (in Jacksonville) were able to join my mother, Britt and me through a video chat.

It was very cool. Afterwards we sat around the notebook computers and caught up with the World's Cutest Baby, who now has gotten his first tooth (and is getting his second).

iSight Hanukkah screengrab


This little computer I schlep around lets me do a lot of things: e-mail messages, little movies, this blog, and so on. But the most important thing it's done so far has been to let me light the Hanukkah candles for the first time in a long time with my little brother -- and to light the candles for the first time ever with my nephew.

No comments: