Friday, January 18

"He That Thinks He Can Afford To Be Negligent Is Not Far From Being Poor"

Sorry for neglecting the blog for a few days. I've been somewhat distracted.

The quote that heads up this post is from British writer Samuel Johnson. He was a rather brilliant guy. Here are two more Johnson gems, pertaining to to the craft of writing:

  • "What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure."
  • "Round numbers are always false."

Thank you for all your words of wisdom, Mr. Johnson. I'll visit you again the next time Complementary Spouse Britt Shirley and I go to Westminster Abbey.

Also, I'll try to be more diligent about writing blog posts every day. After all, I have called this blog the Daily Dave. I should write at least one thing every day, right?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Doh! I hate it when a blog name hems me in to a routine.