Thursday, February 7

Birds Flying High, You Know How I Feel: It's Time For The Four Questions

Stars when you shine,
You know how I feel.
Scent of the pine,
You know how I feel.
Yeah freedom is mine,
And I know how I feel.
It's a new dawn.
It's a new day.
It's a new life
For me --
And I'm answering the Four Questions.

Q. What is Dave wearing today?
A. Dave is wearing a pair of jeans and a red button-down shirt. Thursdays are Dave's casual day, as he has to dress formally for teevee tapings on Fridays.

Q. How does Dave feel today?
A. Dave can sum up how he feels in one word, and that word is "wheeeeeeeeeeeee."

Q. What are the factors affecting Dave's mood today?
A. "Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Q. What song has Dave pilfered lyrics from today?
A. Dave says the title and intro of today's Four Questions borrows lyrics from "Feeling Good," a song written in 1965 for a musical that no one remembers, but that was made famous when it was covered by one of the most talented and dynamic singers of the late 20th century, Nina Simone. If you haven't heard Nina Simone's version of "Feeling Fine," Dave suggest kick-starting iTunes and shelling out the measly 99 cents to add this excellent song to your collection. Simone is electrifying. Many other singers have covered "Feeling Fine." Dave likes some of the recent versions, particularly the one by British actor John Barrowman.

No comments: